6 rules to provide security a Dropbox
- Use two-factor authentication - a few months ago Dropbox also introduced two-factor authentication, which associates a security code to be received on the mobile phone to the classic password to access the service. Everyone can turn making life more complicated for attackers who want to groped to access your account without your permission.
- Control devices and sessions active on the account - going in "Settings> Security" panel Web Dropbox, you can view a list of all devices (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) allowed to access your account and all active sessions. If there are devices which are no longer in use, it is advisable to disconnect from your account. If sessions are "suspicious", either stop immediately and change the password (it may have been compromised).
- Enable email notification - By default, Dropbox sends email notifications when a new device or a new application is linked to the account. It is a good idea to check from time to time that this feature has been disabled by some hacker managed to get into service. The options for the notification can be found in the Web Panel to Dropbox, section "Settings> Security."
- Check applications connected account - now more and more online services, software and apps for mobile devices that require access to Dropbox to save documents in the latter. By going to the Web service panel (under "Settings> My Applications"), you can take a look at the complete list of applications that can access Dropbox, having the ability to disable those no longer in use or "suspicious".
- Use a unique password - this rule applies not only to Dropbox but also to any other online service or program: Never use the same password on multiple fronts. Create a unique password for each account is not impossible.
Encrypt data in Dropbox - if you usually accommodate of critical data on Dropbox (eg receipts, payments, documents with your personal data, etc..), you should seriously consider the possibility to encrypt the contents of your "blue box" using one of the many software suitable for this purpose. We recommend TrueCrypt, for which we have also prepared a video tutorial last year.
Google is on the warpath against the tax on digital content. If France were to approve the offering American giant could eliminate its tested by the search engine and Google News.
Within a short time the most populated social network on the Internet should be enriched with a new feature, it is a Timeline (or "Diary") specially designed for couples and ready to host content (posts, images ..) oriented social life.