The audience of social media has grown exponentially over time, becoming in effect a new universe of prospects to explore. As a result of this, even the measurement and tracking of social media is now essential for the identification of revenue (direct and indirect) associated with users of social channels.
Email Marketing: the problem of deliverability
Deliverability is the main critical factor of any email marketing campaign. With the term "deliverability", in fact, means the ability of a campaign perpetrated by electronic mail to reach efftivamente the mailboxes of the recipients.
But because the mail does not arrive at their destination?
The anti-spam filters and the problem of false-positive
Mailbox closed, locked or full
Why are my emails are classified as spam?
The content of the message is suspicious
The mail server is an Open Relay
Improper DNS configuration and / or non-use of authentication systems
The sender's IP is blacklisted
The IP address of the sender has a low reputation
- the old IP address (an IP recently will be considered less reliable than an old IP)
- the volume of the sending (an IP that sends consistently be considered more reliable than one characterized by ups and downs in the flow of shipping)
- amount of bounces (the number of contact failures as a percentage on the total items have a profound effect on the reputation of an IP address)
- amount of spam trap in which he has fallen (an IP that has fallen in various spam traps will certainly not be trusted ...)
How to improve deliverability
- The PTR record for Reverse DNS Lookup
- The SPF record
- The authentication systems DomainKeys and, especially, DKIM
- Evaluate the possibility to join the system DMARC
- Use rigid registration policies able to monitor the quality of requests for inclusion in the list (always use the Double Opt-In)
- Adopted cancellation policies clear, easy and transparent by including in each message sent the link to request exclusion from the list
- Always remember your users the reason for which they receive your messages and included in every email a brief policiy about privacy management
- Managed in a timely manner to avoid any bounces to continue to send mail to addresses that are not accessible
- Subscribe to the various programs FBL (Feedback Loop) to receive communications from the provider about any spam complaints received from users who receive your messages
- Make sure your software correctly handles the headers of messages
- If you send HTML messages make sure that the code is valid (using proper validation tools like the one offered by the w3c)
- Make sure there is balance between the text content and markup (HTML code and too little content poses a serious risk of ending up in spam)
- Do not create posts consist of images only (try to maintain a euqilibrio between images and text content)
- Avoid putting hidden elements in the HTML
- Avoid using frequently words like free, free, etc..
- Make a spam-test your message before proceeding with the shipment; many programs to send mailing lists contemplate this feature, otherwise you can use the online tool like this
As you can see, what I'm proposing and 'enter data within of image files, especially in JPG files. The choice of using the JPG files to hide data is not ' was taken randomly. The JPG files in the last few years have seen a spread high, in fact, can they be 'found everywhere, starting from the most websites, to get to the digital photo albums.
When born Google Buzz and Google Wave, I tried intrigued them for a bit 'but after some time I gave these experiments of Google because, in my opinion, would not have been successful. I am not certainly a visionary but, years later, time has proved me right as well as giving me reason Google+ that continues to grow continuously.